Kung Fu Fun All Summer Long
Give your child a summer he or she will never forget. Enroll them in the fun filled Summer Day Camp at Bamboo Kung Fu. Our experienced counsellors will not only teach your children about martial arts but they promise a week of fun, fitness and friendship.
Kid's Kung Fu Summer Camp for Fun & Fitness
Each week of camp concentrates on a different Kung Fu technique. One session it could be kicking, the next may be punching. No matter which one it is, your child will learn physical literacy, focus, discipline and the overall values that are so important in Kung Fu. Whether they are a complete beginner or more experienced, there is always something for your child to learn in Kung Fu Camp. That being said, Bamboo Kung Fu Camp takes time for fun as well. Our campers take field trips, do arts and crafts and depending on the session you choose, may even learn about Lion Dance and Drumming. Why settle for an ordinary camp for your child this summer when they can have the time of their lives at Bamboo Kung Fu Camp.
The Typical Kung Fu Camp Session
During a one-week session, your child will have the opportunity to work on a Kung Fu technique, but will also enjoy:
- Kickboxing Lessons: a fun workout, which uses punching and kicking to help kids burn of extra energy, get fit and improve flexibility.
- Yoga for Kids – This is a special class we have designed for children. Kids learn how yoga can help them calm anxieties and increase their focus. It is a great way to help children with shorter attention spans.
- Swimming – Depending on the session, we take the kids for recreational swimming. Though not an actual swimming course, our teachers will instruct them on water safety and basic swimming skills.
- Arts and Crafts – Make room on your fridge for all the super-creative crafts that will be coming home. Our counsellors are exceptionally creative and your children will take pride in creating projects from scratch.
- Singing and Music – A camp just isn’t a camp without music and sing-a-longs. Our instructors and counsellors love working with your kids to teach new songs, to work on musical aptitude and to teach harmony.
- Field Trips – We normally do at least one field trip per session. It could be a trip to a museum, park or even waterpark. Check with Bamboo Kung Fu when you book your session.
- Lion Dance and Drumming – This is a wonderful opportunity for child to learn the ancient art of drumming and lion dancing This is a traditional Chinese dance performance where two people manipulate a lion-shaped puppet to the rhythm of the drum. For more info check out Lion Dance Toronto.
Are the Camp Activities Geared to Age?
Yes, we have both full camp activities and geared-to-age activities. We separate our campers in age groups: 4-6, 7-9, and 10-12.
Does Bamboo Kung Fu Provide Lunch and Snacks?
No, because of allergies, and individual tastes, we ask that campers bring their lunches, beverages (including water) and snacks. We are pleased to provide refrigeration for perishable items.
What are the Schedules and Dates?
Daily Schedule is 9 am – 4 pm Drop off – 8:30 – 9 am Pick up – 4-4:30 pm Early drop off (7:30 am) and late pick up (6:30 pm) are available for an extra fee.
- Week 1-July 4 to July 8 (registration closing dates: early-May 23; regular-June 21)
- Week 2-July 11 to July 15 (registration closing dates: early-May 30; regular-June 28)
- Week 3-July 18 to July 22 (registration closing dates: early-June 6; regular-July 5)
- Week 4-July 25 to July 29 (registration closing dates: early-June 13; regular-July 12)
- Week 5-August 8 to August 12 (registration closing dates: early-June 27; regular-July 19)
- Week 6-August 15 to August 19 (registration closing dates: early-July 5; regular-July 26)
- Week 7-August 22 to August 26 (registration closing dates: early-July 11; regular-Aug 2)
Campers must register 6 weeks in advance to ensure their space at the camp. There may be limited availability for registrations less than 3 weeks in advance. Minimum 5 children, maximum 10 children for each weekly summer camp session.
Early registration special - $200 plus HST (must register 6 weeks in advance of camp start date). Please contact us to inquire the early registration offer.
Full day – $250 plus HST (10% discount when siblings are enrolled) Early drop off – $20 Late pick up – $20 *Field trips may incur additional fees for tickets to AGO, ROM, etc.
For more information about Bamboo Kung Fu Summer Camps, call us at 416-412-3930 OR REGISTER HERE.